Welcome to HLS English class - the best place to learn English in Kuantan, Malaysia. English class for children and adults conducted in a fun and creative way. Learn English with Horne Learning Services. English speaking and conversation, reading, writing and listening training based in Kuantan. This is what we do . . .

Friday 4 April 2014

Dendrochronology

Welcome to the A-Z April blogging challenge. We are participating with a daily dose of vocabulary by selecting an unusual word and making a sentence with it.



DENDROCHRONOLOGY

- study of tree rings

"John is immersed in the dendrochronology module as part of his botany course at university."

How would you use this word in a sentence?


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm. I don't think I'm ever going to use this word in a sentence :)

Damyanti Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2014, Latest Post

Twitter: @damyantig
#atozchallenge

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Damyanti, you never know!

Prem Rao said...

Interesting series, and I look forward to more. Let me try: " The old man's face was so creased and wrinkled with age that to figure out what he was thinking would need a degree in dendrochronology."

Sheena-kay Graham said...

That word is a mouthful. You learn something new everyday. Informative post and thanks for popping by my blog.

Bob Bushell said...

I am into dendrochronology, why? Because you asked me, ha ha. The amount of rings on the tree stump was 158, but I lost my thread!!!!!

Guilie Castillo said...

Wow, Duncan--great theme for the A-to-Z! I'm looking forward to growing my own vocabulary. Lemme see... How about: "Well, it's not rocket science. Or, you know, dendrochronology." :D

Thanks for stopping by at Quiet Laughter earlier today--and soooo glad to connect on the A-to-Z, too!

J.L. Campbell said...

First time meeting this word.

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Great sentence Prem Rao!

Thanks Sheena, Bob and JL Campbell

Guilie, I like that sentence. It's good to meet up again, see you around!

B~Natrelle said...

Hello there. This is certainly not a word I am familiar with, but the tree rings are magnificent, each ring has its own story to tell. Such beauty can only come from the Creator, the Almighty Jehovah God. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.
Entrepreneurial Goddess

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Entrepreneurial Goddess, you're right, there is beauty everywhere. Trees are really great creations :)